Does seeing so many hair strands in the comb can make you feel pity on your hair? Then stop feeling pity and try these yoga poses which can prevent your hair from falling. However one must keep this in mind those techniques such as yoga and meditation can help you in the initial stages only. Doing yoga and meditation on the regular basis only boast health of hair but also enhance blood circulation, improve digestion and reduce anxiety and stress. Here are few yoga asanas that are beneficial for hair loss. Continue reading
In our normal routine we take good care of ourselves, by taking healthy diet , nutritional food ,exercising, because we feel these are important in order to keep us healthy and fit.But very few people actually think and take good care of their hair, which are ignored maximum number of times. Let us know more about healthy hair, hair loss, baldness, reasons of hairloss and various other facts related to hair.
Hair grows from the follicle found in the dermis. The hair can be divided into two parts, the root and shaft.The root part of hair is in the skin(epidermis) of Scalp. A pouch like structure called follicle surrounds the hair root.Hair is composed of primarily 88% of proteins. Hair grows in various phases Catagen, Anagen and telogen.. In people with healthy hair about 85% of hairs are in the anagen, 1% in the catagen, and 14% in the telogen phases at any given time.Healthy hair structure is characterized by the cuticle closely surrounding the cortex. The closer it surrounds the cortex, the better the hair is protected from harmful external influences. This picture shows an electron microscopic scan of a healthy hair. If hair is damaged, the cuticle is open and rough, and harmful influences can penetrate unhindered into the interior of the hair. If the damage is severe and exogenous, the hair may ultimately break.
Reasons of Hairloss
- The general reasons for hair loss given by the medical profession, is as follows, probably in descending order.
- Heredity factors
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Illness and infectious diseases
- Nervous disorders
- Toxic substances
- Injury and impairment
- Severe radiation
Taking Care of your Hair
- Massage your hair well before you shampoo them.
- Brush your hair regularly to lose dead skin.
- Wash hair every other day with good quality shampoo and conditioner
- Do not rub the hair as this can weaken follicle and make it brittle and dull.
- A good amount of hot oil can be used to seal the hairs cuticle and get good shine.
- Massage once a week with coconut oil.
- Don’t wash your hair too often as this will dry out and damage your hair.
- Reduce the use of Straightner and other heating material on your hair
- Be very gentle in combing your hair
- Give hot oil treatment at least twice a month.Read more about Hair Fall Treatment and best vitamins for hair loss.