Every women desire to have healthy, sexy and shiny hair. It enhances your appearance and makes you look good. There are various ways to improve the health of your hair and one of the easiest ways is to have healthy food for healthy hair. A better way to get beautiful and lush thick hair is to feed yourself with right kind of food in the right proportion.
Doing so will also prevent your hair from thinning. There are some great foods which can help you to have naturally shiny hair. Different hair textures need different ingredients to make it shiny but by consuming these five natural foods, you can guarantee yourself with healthy and shiny hair.
Top 5 Foods to Get Healthy and Shiny Hair
1. Eggs: These are a great way to attain naturally shiny hair. Eggs are often used in hair masks along with avocado and olive oil but do you know that eating eggs works too! It’s a quality source of protein and help in attaining healthy and strong hair.
2. Green Vegetables: A diet rich in silica, iron and calcium helps to reduce hair loss. Green, leafy vegetables are good mineral sources. Vegetables like Spinach, Broccoli, etc. are excellent sources of many minerals and help the body produce sebum, which acts as a natural conditioner.
3. Beans: You simply cannot afford to miss beans in your diet. They should be an important part of your hair care diet as they provide proteins and other minerals to promote hair growth. It is recommended to consume three or more cups of lentils or beans each week.
4. Water: Drinking water not only does your body good, but is essential to keep your hair shiny and fight dryness. Adequate hydration also helps to achieve a healthy and young looking skin.
5. Omega-3 Fatty Acids: These are one of the most important nutrients for healthy hair. Consuming foods like Salmon, Avocados and nuts like Almonds will help natural hair growth and make hair more smooth and shiny.
Foods to avoid
1. Stop consuming junk food:
Junk food such as chips, fries, aerated drinks and other types of junk foods are very unhealthy. They contain additives and oil, which are harmful for your body. They encourage chemical imbalance and impair the body, which in turn, results in hair loss and excessive dandruff.
2. Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine and soft drinks:
Alcohol and soft drinks do not have any nutritional value. Moreover, they hamper the assimilation of essential nutrients in the body. Nutrients are responsible for better growth of hair. Hence, consumption of alcohol and soft drinks degrade the quality of hair and leads to thinning of your hair. In addition, nicotine and caffeine destroy Vitamin C present in the body. Thus, your hair becomes dull, dry and lacks shine.
3. Avoid soy protein shakes:
Protein shakes that contain soy proteins offered at food stores and gyms are very unhealthy, because soy isolate requires hexane for refining purpose. It can lead to hair loss, so it is best to avoid such drinks.
Apart from unhealthy eating habits, malnutrition is another factor for hair loss. Therefore, eat balanced foods to have lustrous, strong and healthy hair